Saturday, August 24, 2013

Look! Color!

After two outfits in a row of nothing but neutrals, it was time for at least a little bit of color.




If you're tempted to make the "black and white and red all over" joke, you're not alone, because I thought it too. The red floral pattern in the shirt combined with the red sandals made this outfit much better than just another "black and white" pairing would have been.




I got this dress from the same boutique where I purchased the navy patterned wrap dress and the green maxi dress from last week. It is a super soft fabric blend, and a rich eggplant-y color that doesn't come across quite as well in photos as in person. It has a nice definition at the waist, and an awesome (but modest) cut-out at the top of the back. I paired it with pearls and nude heels to continue what I felt was a very classy look.

On an unrelated note, what was up with my hair? Jeepers.



And finally, Maxi Dress Friday #2. This is a simple black maxi dress I've worn numerous times, but this time, I layered a burgundy vest over it. I wasn't sure how it would go, but I was pretty happy with the overall effect. The choker I'm wearing is a purchase from Europe this summer, and it is amazing: the "beads" have magnets, so when you unwrap it, it's just one long strand, and you can wrap it as big or small as you want. It's a bracelet, a choker, and a long necklace all in one!

Before we go, here's a couple more "casual" outfits from the summer, for those of you who wanted more of those:



I love bird prints.



I love hats.

1 comments:

  1. fred the marooned zebraAugust 26, 2013 at 6:18 PM

    I love dark red on black, so I think that maxi dress combo is awesome. And the last outfit? Fedorable.

    ReplyDelete