Sunday, August 4, 2013

First Days of School

Let's take a walk down memory lane and examine my "First Day of School" outfits through the years:

 2008


2009

2010

 2011

 2012

So, a couple things immediately stand out. First, I have always worn a dress or skirt on the first day of school. Second, other than 2012, I've always stuck to neutral colors (browns, grays, black and white, etc.). Third, I've always worn heels of some kind, but only once were they heeled boots.

If I had to rank them in order of which I like best, I would probably say I like 2012 the most, 2008 the least, and exactly in order in between - basically, the more recent, the more I like it. And really, that's the way it should be, right? Getting better through the years?

So the question, of course, is what I should wear this year. I turn to you, loyal readers, to give me your thoughts. What elements do you see in these outfits that you like (and therefore think I should aim to repeat)? What should I avoid? Are there any particular pieces you've loved seeing in past posts that you think I should incorporate into my first-day outfit? 

Give me ideas, people!

[P.S. My hair changes a LOT, right?]

4 comments:

  1. Ok how weird is this- I really think I remember seeing that first one in person! Pretty sure that was the year I was in your home group, so I would have seen that first day of school morning!

    It really seems like you've gotten more comfortable in your "teaching style" as the years have passed. The 2012 look is absolutely fab (can I get some info on those shoes, please?!).

    As for this year, I would totally say: a bright color, to show your fun side! And something that you feel most comfortable in (I realize this is very cliche advice, but it's so true!). Good luck! Can't wait to see it.

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a sweater dress with one of those cool scoopy scarf-like neck areas? (Sorry I'm so bad at describing fashion) I LOVE those and I think you'd look super cute in it. And don't forget a cute necklace. (:

    I like to wear sweater dresses with either sheer black leggings and short boots, or no leggings and knee-high stiletto boots. I just feel like sweater dresses and boots belong together haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked that emerald green top you wore once with a black shrug! And if you want to carry on the tradition of skirts and dresses, you could do that again with a black skirt! Love that look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heathcliff won't notice, anywayAugust 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM

    What would Jane Eyre wear on the first day of being a governess in a new family?

    ReplyDelete