Saturday, August 17, 2013

First-Week Finish

Well, I survived the first week, y'all. But not only did I survive, I'd say I thrived! It has been a great year so far, and I have high hopes that it will remain a great year throughout. Positivity, FTW!

Let's look at my outfits for Thursday and Friday:




After three days of very professional looking outfits, it was time to dress down just a little bit. There is certainly nothing unprofessional here - and, in fact, I wore this to speak to parents at the New Parent Orientation Thursday night. But the general look here is a little less structured and formal than the earlier skirt/dress outfits. I love these new shoes, purchased about a month ago from Zappos (on sale now!), both in appearance and in comfortability. (Note: I just made that word up.) I liked the whole effect here in this outfit.




And then we had our first Maxi Dress Friday! This is a new maxi dress I bought from the same boutique as Wednesday's wrap dress, and it is incredibly soft and comfortable. I love the rich teal-y color, and the small details at the waistline. The low v-neck necessitates a camisole, not just for the dress code, but for general modesty; plus adding a second color with the white camisole breaks up the block a bit.

So, readers: How did I do on week one? If this week's outfits were my first assignment of the year, what grade did I get?

(P.S. The first two pics were taken with an additional lamp; is it better or worse than the single lamp in the other pictures?)

4 comments:

  1. I like the single lamp better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a gold star sticker!

    The second lamp seems to interact with your camera in a weird way to reduce the dynamic range on the interesting part of the picture (you), so unless you fix that, I think the one-lamp setup is the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, also, the pose you do in the second picture is killer. A 1920's gangster-style fedora worn low would put that pose on the FBI's most wanted list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maurice the giraffeAugust 20, 2013 at 6:06 PM

    OMG DID YOU WEAR CLOTHING TODAY AND IF SO WAS IT WITH SARTORIAL PANACHE?!?!

    ReplyDelete