Saturday, August 3, 2013

Let's Not Skirt the Issue

I can only hope you like puns, because otherwise this post's title is terrible. Let's look at some skirts!

February 20:



I was very excited about this sweater, which I found on sale at Target. They only had it in a size small, which surprisingly fit me! I like the polka dots in neutral colors, which goes great with fun solid colors like this teal skirt. I also really like the larger polka dots in the torso as compared to the smaller dots on the arms - makes it seem more unique. (Though let's be honest: This is a sweater from Target, so "unique" cannot truly be applied here.)

April 10:



Sigh - back to the terrible mirror photos. (Made even worse by how streaky the mirror is.) I liked this outfit a lot, but the skirt was terribly made. It was a Target purchase, and I understand the "You get what you pay for" arguments, but usually I like my Target clothes so much and they work much better for me than this did. It just did not fit right, it tugged in weird ways at the seams, and eventually it actually ripped along one seam without my even noticing. Fortunately, I was spared total embarrassment because the tear was only on the outer layer of the skirt, but the lining was still intact.

Anyway, I feel like a necklace of some kind would have made this outfit better, but it was still good as it was.

April 18:


I am actually quite shocked that I didn't wear this skirt earlier in the year.  I went back into my files and discovered I also wore this skirt on September 20, 2010; February 4, 2011; and August 31, 2011. All of those were accessorized pretty differently, though, so we're all good with not repeating outfits.

April 23:


Here we have a straight black jersey skirt, which is super comfortable and goes with everything. In this case, it was still a little chilly, so I opted for slightly longer sleeves and mid-calf leggings.

May 1:



This is that same skirt, but this time without the leggings. Because of the straight cut of the skirt, I felt like I could wear a blousier top - if the skirt flared out in an A-line, I would have kept the top more fitted.

May 28:



I actually pinned this skirt to my top to keep it at the empire-waist height, since size-wise it would normally fall at my natural waist. I loved the look created by placing it higher, though - it made the skirt+top almost look like a dress, in fact. The bow on the blouse is a nice detail, but because it is over on the side of the neckline, I still wanted to wear a longer necklace (in this case, two different necklaces, in fact).

That all said, it was more trouble than it was worth putting this look together, so I've already given the skirt away since then.

May 29:



This is another look that I really enjoyed but that was not fun to wear. The shirt tugs uncomfortably and really is slightly too small for me, so I gave it away after wearing it this day. That said, I like the way it looks with the pencil skirt. The pastel blue with the gray and nude pumps is a great light colored palette for spring, and the pearls keep it classy.

Hope you've enjoyed the skirty goodness of this post! Next time: DRESSES.

0 comments:

Post a Comment