Sunday, July 28, 2013

Short Boots

I'm feeling more like doing posts categorically, rather than chronologically, so let's look at some outfits with mid-calf and ankle boots, rather than knee-high boots.

February 19:




This was the debut of these boots, which I bought because I really liked them, knowing that some people probably would actively DISlike them. I suspected that some would find them too "man-ish" for a female to wear, but maybe I was wrong to think that since everyone seemed to really like them. The sweater is burgundy and navy stripes, and I had a burgundy lace-trimmed camisole underneath. The socks sticking out above the boots are also navy. I probably should have worn a necklace (but a shorter one, since there's no "block" to break up here), but I like the overall look here.

February 23:



Same boots, different outfit. This was a weekend outfit (hence the jeans with no "blue and gold"), out to lunch I think. I think it would have been better if the cardigan were a slightly darker brown color instead of this lighter tan, but I like the floral top as a feminine touch to offset the "tough" look of the boots.

February 25:



And here we have completely different boots with a completely different look. These ankle boots have appeared numerous times on the blog already, but it's worth repeating how much I adore them. Despite the height of them they are very comfortable and I can wear them all day at school and still walk easily. I liked the simplicity of this outfit, with the flowered belt as the "star" of it and a "supporting cast" of a well-cut dress and patterned tights. Lastly, keeping it classy with a pearl necklace, bracelets, and earrings.

April 16:


This is fairly straightforward - white collared blouse, red cardigan, black skirt, black tights, and black ankle boots. It's a very classic look, and it always works well.

May 22:



Same black tights repeated here, but this time with my umbrella dress. I ADORE cute printed dresses - I don't mean floral dresses, which are also cute (I have many), but I mean dresses printed with kind of quirky and fun objects, animals, etc. Check out some I've come across recently:

http://a1.zassets.com/images/z/2/4/2/4/7/5/2424758-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg 
 Zappos.com (on sale!)

http://img1.etsystatic.com/021/1/5129761/il_570xN.482381849_cl6u.jpg 
 Etsy

http://img1.etsystatic.com/021/2/7146346/il_570xN.476091401_h57c.jpg 
 Etsy

ModCloth (on sale!)


 ModCloth (on sale!)

2 comments:

  1. "I suspected that some would find them too "man-ish" for a female to wear, but maybe I was wrong to think that since everyone seemed to really like them."

    I know I can't speak for everyone, but I think at least the majority of us like what you wear, whatever it is. I've never seen you wear anything that was "man-ish." You are very feminine, Ms. Doyle. <3 We trust you to have a great fashion sense -and who cares? Wear what you want to wear, and we'll (I'll) like it every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't invested in any boots like that, though very in style. I think they might make my already short legs look waaaay too short! Maybe this season!

    I really LOVE the outfit with the dress and flower (like the description of star/supporting cast!). Such a classic look, but those textured tights/the flower add something to make it un-boring!

    Adorable dress too, umbrella print?! Too cute. Stuff like that is so effortless and cute because you really need nothing else!

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete