Monday, July 22, 2013

Let's Just Get This Out of the Way

Let's just get the skinnies and boots done, yeah?

February 21:




I really like this shirt, which is a little variation on the classic button-down blouse. The buttons are closer together and there's a little bit of shirring (that's a fancy fashion word for "gathered material"). The print is understated, but more interesting than a plain color (or white) would be.

February 26:



This is another variation on the chambray trend I talked about back in November (and I'm being generous with my usage of the word "variation"). Classic and beloved.

February 27:



This only makes me unhappy because it feels too similar to the February 8 outfit, and that's really close timing to repeat basically the exact same formula AND coloring.

February 28:



This shirt was a Goodwill find, and unfortunately, I think it kind of looks like it. Mostly, though, I like that it's sort of "cheesy rodeo quirky," so I roll with it. Also, it's comfy.

March 6:





And this one's very similar to the February 21 outfit up above. For all my "I never repeat outfits" claims, I do come pretty close on many occasions. Differences here include the scarf, the boot socks, and the bright green necklace. I think they're all good additions to the outfit.

 March 7:



Who's been reading long enough to recognize EXACTLY what is missing here? A long necklace, yes.

March 18:



This top was another hand-me-down from Mrs. Toth, and I love it. It's comfy and the color is unusual. This outfit overall is very simple, but it works, which I think is an argument in favor of simplicity.

March 20:



The outfit overall works fine here - I especially like the pink in the argyle pattern of the sweater with the burgundy of the skinnies - but I think black boots was the wrong choice. I'm just not convinced I had a better choice on-hand, since my tan boots also wouldn't have worked. Gray boots maybe? Not sure.

[Note: After this point, pictures become annoying selfies taken with my phone in my bedroom mirror. Since I took my fancy camera to Malawi with me, I got rid of the tripod set-up where I had been taking the pics. Then my apartment was such a mess from never fully unpacking and cleaning up after returning (school was CRAZY) that I couldn't really set it all back up. So... yeah. They're bad pictures, but fortunately good enough. This coming year we'll return to the timed shots from the tripod.]

April 15:



If I weren't wearing the scarf, I needed a long necklace; with the scarf, I don't. I really liked this top, which was a sale item from Gap (I think). It's a nice mint color with subtle white stripes. I paired it with plain black skinnies and my tan boots.

May 23:



IT NEEDS A LONG NECKLACE. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

Okay, thus ends the saga of "Skinnies and Boots: 2013-2014." Don't worry, there will be more next year - I mean, I do love the look for a reason. But for a while, we can be on a break. A much-needed break.

0 comments:

Post a Comment