Monday, September 2, 2013

Only a Week? Felt longer...

This week, for any number of reasons, felt VERY long. I kept hearing a voice in my brain saying, "Life is very long..." and then I would wonder if the week would ever come to an end. Eventually it did, and when it did, I slept for about 15 hours straight. Not with a bang, but a whimper.

So I apologize for not being able to get a post up during the week, but now you get SEVEN outfits all at once! Yes, that's right, I don't just have my work outfits from this week, but also what I wore on the weekend. So let's get started...

Monday:




This wasn't terribly exciting, but it also wasn't terrible. The trio of necklaces did a lot to spice up the look, and as I always say, there's nothing wrong with a simple outfit once in a while. I do wish the cropped pants fit a bit better, though.

Tuesday:




Looking at this now, I kind of wish I'd been bolder and popped the collar. I think it would have worked. Otherwise, I liked this. The shirt has a flattering tailored cut to it, with small white print, and the white pants are a nice neutral with it. The headband with the side ponytail was cute and fresh.

Wednesday: 




Let's be honest - I just gave up here. It was overly warm in the morning, I was tired and running late, so I just threw on a fitted tee and skinny pants. Now, there's nothing so bad about this outfit, but it's not exactly engaging. I was just too tired to care, though.

Thursday:




This was a nice pairing - tailored "faux-denim" trousers, ruffled shirt, gray Mary-Jane pumps. The ruffle got a little annoying after a while, but otherwise, I liked this one. I also finally wore the teal banded watch I bought last spring, which had previously not come out of its box. (Why? I have no idea.)

Friday:




First blue-and-gold (aka "JEANS") day of the year - hooray! It had been such a long week by this point that I just wanted something soft and comfy, so I paired my skinny jeans with a casual top from Target and my most cushioned flip flops.

Saturday: 




Saturday was a lazy day, and I got dressed to go sit at a coffee shop and finish the book I'd been reading (Silver Linings Playbook), not to actually be productive in any real way. It was hot enough to merit the shorts, but only with a somewhat more covered top, so I picked a long sleeved floral top and pushed the sleeves up. The low scooped neck is balanced by a necklace, and with my hair up I decided on dangly earrings.

Sunday:




I was filling in for someone in the nursery, so I planned to wear a longer top so that I could sit comfortably without worrying about whether I was showing skin unintentionally. (Plan ahead!) I wore my sorority flip flops (go Chi O!) because the burgundy straps matched my shorts, which are hand-me-downs from my mom. Again, the lower neck of the camisole under my tunic is offset by a small silver necklace, and with my hair down I kept my earrings to plain diamond studs.

So there you go: One full week of outfits in the life of Miss Doyle. Let's pick our best and worsts...

Best? I'm going to go with Tuesday.
Worst? I'm picking Wednesday.

You?

5 comments:

  1. winnie the wooly naugaSeptember 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM

    Yeah, I agree: Tuesday. Also, new category: best pose. Winner: Tuesday, third pic. Good thing you didn't pop the collar in that one, as otherwise your coolness would have frozen my computer.

    I like your description of '"faux-denim" trousers'. Not just 'faux-denim' but '"faux-denim"'. That's, like, two levels away from denim, with maybe some irony thrown in. Definitely not denim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Wednesday! The colors were great together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look vaguely like an emo teen in Wednesday. Not in a bad way, but it is funny.
    I really like Sunday. I thought those shorts were a skirt at first (which would've been cute too, really).
    You didn't mention this but I love the color on your toenails. Good job. Not everyone can make flip flops look glamorous, haha.

    Also, do you ever wear yellow or orange? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best: Tuesday and Worst: Sunday

    Your Tuesday outfit is so hip and cute! The Sunday outfit lacks color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe the weekly re-cap was due to procrastination, but I actually like looking at a week's worth of outfits side-by-side like this. I'm actually a big fan of Thursday, I think the over shape and composition of the outfit really suits you.

    I would agree Wednesday could be spruced up the most- though not "bad". Think about how you can re-do it in the fall with boots and a statement necklace, that's my thought.

    P.S.- I like the Monday pants! I can hardly find cropped pants because I'm so short, so I want some like these!

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete