Sunday, September 8, 2013

Missed Another Week

Clearly I'm getting busier as the year goes on, because it's getting tougher and tougher to find the time to blog. But I will persevere! Let's see what this week brought us in fashion...

Tuesday:




I ended up really liking this, mostly because of the pegged pants with the tall wedges. Now, I will take this opportunity to talk about ankle straps. Generally, this look would be a pretty big "stumpifier," shortening the look of the leg line. The end of the pants coming right before another hard "line" (created by the ankle strap) would make the legs look shorter. If I didn't already have REALLY long legs, I wouldn't have done it, so if you're a shorter-legged person, keep that in mind. For someone with shorter legs, a non-strapped pump or espadrille would have worked much better. Just say NO to stumpification!

Wednesday:




Hellooooooo, wrinkled pants! I really need to find time somehow to look at the pictures I take before I leave the house in the morning. These pants really needed to be ironed, but I just had no idea until now, looking at these images. Well, other than that, I liked this. I liked the wide-leg pants paired with a fitted top, and I liked the line splitting the color block in the tee. I probably should have dressed up a bit more in the shoe category, but I really just wanted to wear some flips. I was selfish. Sorry.

Thursday:




I almost wore this exact outfit with mint pants instead of burgundy, and then I realized it looked terrible. The black just didn't go at all with the mint, so this was much better. I love this top - from Target - and I had a great pair of earrings to go with the polka dots. All in all, while it wasn't my best outfit, it was perfectly good.

Friday:




I ended up LOVING this for Maxi-Dress Friday. The collared shirt under the dress worked well, and I added this belt which originally came with a totally different dress. The dangly gray art-deco-ish earrings offset the belt really well, and I put some sparkly black sandals under it all. Definitely a win for Maxi-Dress Friday, in my opinion.

Thanks to everyone who weighed in on last week's best/worst poll. I find that deliberately seeking out "worst" opinions makes me sad - I already know which outfits don't work as well - so let's just stick with bests. What's your favorite from this week? I think I'm going with Friday. :)

Talk to you soon! Stay beautiful, friends.

3 comments:

  1. I like Thursday; the polka dots, cropped pants, and espadrilles (or whatever they are) are a cute vaguely-vintage look. Monday's top is also really pretty -- where's it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday's outfit is awesome, but I also really like Tuesday's because of the accoutrements, the bracelet in particular. On Wed, it would seem a passing smile totally photo-bombed your fashion shoot; I think you should ask her back for more. Best pose: Wed #1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO BAD IT WAS WEAR A CANVAS SACK INSTEAD OF CLOTHING WEEK OR ELSE THERE WOULD BE AN UPDATE ON THIS WORLD WIDE WEB LOG BOOK AM I RIGHT ?!?

    ReplyDelete