Sunday, September 22, 2013

Priorities

You all may not realize it, but there are some things that are just more important than this blog. Things like preparing for my Woodleaf talk, recovering from an exhausting (but awesome!) Woodleaf weekend, and, of course, grading (you know, that thing I'm actually paid to do as part of my job?). So... yeah. Sorry about the absence.

The good news is that my Woodleaf talk went well, I managed not to catch the dreaded post-Woodleaf cold, and I'm still doing well keeping up with our new mandated grading deadlines. So I hope you all understand that sometimes the blog fades to the background.

For now, some pictures!

Pre-Woodleaf Week:













Wednesday's outfit was definitely the least good of this set, but it worked fine. Tuesday's outfit starred an argyle sweater vest because the English department has started themed dress days on the days of our English department meetings, and the first one was argyle!

I also like the sassy head sash on Thursday. SASS.

Post-Woodleaf Week:










Sadly, I was so rushed Friday morning that I forgot to take photos before I left the house, and I forgot to take photos when I got back at the end of the day too. That's okay, there's plenty here already.

I really liked Tuesday's dress with the ankle boots and leggings. It just... worked really well. The Wednesday outfit was less great, but it still worked just fine. Thursday's outfit is a great example of how simplicity can still work great. Just a white shirt and black ankle pants, but the leopard flats and red scarf add just enough to keep it from being plain.

So there you go - that's what I've been up to lately. How about you?

1 comments:

  1. the argyle is to kilt for. and the sassy sash! best pose: sash #2. that much sashy sass demands one sashay just a lil'. close 2nd: flower print #1: a careless collar on an otherwise by-the-book outfit, and an attitude that rises to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete