Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Two Outfits for Three Days

Bad news, y'all: I forgot to take pictures on Monday. I tried to recreate it on Microsoft Paint, but it turns out that I stink at drawing, so... sorry. I guess that day is gone.

But there's no use mourning the past, so let's move on to Tuesday!


I love this leopard-print top because it's comfy, well-fitted, and a good way to spice up a neutral brown color palette. It is, however, sleeveless, so I put this 3/4 sleeve cardigan over it. On the bottom, I wore my white wide-leg pants and light tan flats.


Buttoning the last few buttons on the cardigan was a tactical choice, because leaving it open doesn't cinch at the waist quite as well, which makes it less flattering. Keep that in mind the next time you're wearing a cardigan - does it look better with some of it buttoned at the waist? Something to think about.



Get the look for yourself
Top - Target, available here.
Cardigan - Target; similar here.
Pants - New York and Company; similar here.
Shoes - Target, available here.
_____________________________________________

This morning I was feeling sleepy, and when I'm feeling sleepy, I want to wear something comfy, and when I want to wear something comfy, it's usually pretty casual.


Even though I bought these skinny pants a couple months ago, I hadn't actually worn them yet, so the tags came off today. They're a shade that's hard to describe, somewhere between tan and gray, but it works well as a neutral. I decided to pair it with a rich pink belted sweater vest, and kept it simple with a plain white tee underneath. To avoid keeping it too simple, I added a long necklace and hoop earrings, with a pearlescent bracelet. Staying on point with casual and comfy, I wore my white Keds.


Like the buttoning of the cardigan on Tuesday, keeping the sweater vest belted was a purposeful choice to avoid having too much of a "boxy" outline at the torso. I considered a couple of my actual belts, but decided to stick with the sash that actually came with the vest. Either way, it was important to keep with a skinny belt/sash rather than a wide one, because a wide belt with the lower waistline of the pants would look too choppy; no belt, however, would have left the outfit too baggy overall. I'd say I was pleased with the outcome.



Get the look for yourself
T-shirt - Target, available here.
Sweater vest - Gap; similar here.
Pants - Express; similar here.
Shoes - Payless, available here.
Necklace - Target; similar here.
Earrings - Target; similar here.

3 comments:

  1. The sweater vest looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But MS Paint drawings are awesome! cf. http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting that you called the vest "rich pink" because I would've said purple! Of course it's got both pink and purple tones but I just thought it was interesting that the purple stood out to me more. I really liked today's outfit!
    - Tina

    ReplyDelete