Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Boots and Sweaters and Boots and Sweaters

Well, I don't like being a one-trick pony, but let's be honest: When the fall weather hits, I am ALL ABOUT the sweaters and boots. Maybe I'll switch it up with dresses and tights soon, but for now, enjoy some more sweaters and boots:


(I have no idea why I look so angry.) This striped v-neck sweater is one of my favorites, both comfy and flattering, and it goes with all sorts of different pieces in my wardrobe. I realize that I have probably made a major faux-pas (to myself, and no one else, because I'm the only one who makes ridiculous fashion rules that apply to me and no others) by not only repeating the sweater-skinnies-boots combination two days in a row, but actually repeating THE SAME EXACT BOOTS with the outfit. How could I?!


Still, it was super comfortable and (in my opinion) cute, especially with my faux-leather jacket on top:


The next day, I decided I absolutely had to change things up. Instead of actually moving away from sweater-skinnies-boots, I merely changed the particular boots in question.


I call these my "pirate boots," because something about the rolled cuff at the top reminds me of, you know, pirate boots. I loved pairing my maroon pants with the maroon belt, though it took five of my junior girls to help me cinch it in the middle of the day. (Thanks, Emily, Brittany, Ishita, Noelle, and Nicole! The poor A-period boys were so confused...)

(Oh, and that reminds me that I owe B period a shout-out, because according to their data, they have the highest number of readers out of all my classes. So what's up, B period?! Hi!)


At any rate, I definitely liked the outcome of this outfit, even if it was more of the same. Maybe tomorrow I'll wear a dress? Or maybe a different pair of skinnies. And more boots.


_________________________________________

Okay, I need to know what you guys think of the "Get the look for yourself" sections on these posts. They take a pretty long time to put together, researching what's available online, etc. Do you like them? Are they useful? Or do you ignore them? If you ignore them, I'm totally not offended, but it means I'll stop including them and save myself the time. Let me know!

7 comments:

  1. THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE. I GET A SHOUT OUT FROM THE FASHIONISTA HERSELF <3 And now you'll have to excuse me as I go study for your exam tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can barely tell that they're the same boots because it's such a different look with the black pants vs. the gray pants. Looks great with both!
    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe just do the "Get the look for yourself" when people request it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why did it take 5 girls to cinch your belt ...? It sounds like there's a story there. Do tell!

    :) Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely look at the "get the look for yourself" but if it's taking you insane amounts of time then I could always just ask you in person "hey, where can i get that?" :) -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweater from the first outfit is SO COOL and I love your marroon belt and your pirate boots! I think these two are some of my favorite outfits so far because they aren't too far off from what I would wear (if I had the clothes and accessories to do so).

    ReplyDelete