Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Forgettable

No lie, I sat down to write this post, and could not, for the life of me, remember what I wore today. (I had changed into sweats and a t-shirt after getting home, so I wasn't wearing it anymore, otherwise, obviously, I would have just looked down.) I thought, and thought, and thought... and eventually I had to look at the pics I took to remember. That's a bad sign for my current mental health, right?


At any rate, here it is, and while it was apparently forgettable to my addlepated brain, I rather like the outfit overall. This is a favorite dress of mine, which means it should surprise no one that it is from Target's maternity section. Above the black flower belt I added, you can see that the dress has a fitted band around the ribcage already, but I like to add a bit of color variation with some other kind of belt when I wear this dress.



I matched my earrings to the flower on the belt, but kept my bracelet, tights, and boots in black. I also added a black cardigan for the chilly morning weather:


On an unrelated note, what can I do to inspire you all to comment a little more often? I feel, sometimes, like I'm shouting into a huge echoing abyss where my own words fly back at me with little other feedback. I want to know what you all think! Do you have opinions on my choices? Do you have questions I'm not addressing with my commentary? Do you have any fun stories to tell from your day today? If the answer to all of those is no, then maybe consider just saying hi. :)


Get the look for yourself:
Dress - Target; similar here or (in a different color) here.
Belt - Target; similar here.
Cardigan - Target; similar here.
Boots - Payless; similar here.

7 comments:

  1. Hi! Just thought I might say that you've inspired me to take the initiative and walk into the maternity section the next time I go shopping despite odd looks I might receive because I've always subconsciously wandered into that section without intending to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your taste overall Miss Doyle! Pretty much every time I see you, I'm all like, "I like her outfit today!" So you're doing a mighty fine job of lookin' good. I have never shopped int he maternity section, but you have made me curious... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are NOT talking to an abyss!!!! I read this blog every day without fail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are NOT talking to an abyss!!!! I read this blog every day without fail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dislike the fact you are choosing more dark and dull fabric colors in your recent outfits, meaning I enjoyed the days you wore vibrant and showy colors. Also, you showcase more outfits on the formal side, and it would be useful, as a student, if you critiqued more casual outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. J'aime le fleur! You earn brownie points for using "addlepated" too. I love your stuff (and the maternity section too -- those clothes are great for flattering soft womanly tummies). Keep up the great work! :) Brenda Rose'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Echo...echo...echo...echo

    ReplyDelete