Thursday, September 6, 2012

Safari Corps

I feel like today's outfit is part "safari leader" and part "army corps," which works great, since the military-inspired look is very IN this fall season, so it means I'm at least halfway fashionable, and maybe entirely fashionable, depending on how you feel about safaris.


If you think back to the first outfit I posted here, I talked about not wearing all your new "Back to School" purchases right away, because spreading them out made the excitement last longer. This dark green shirt dress is a back-to-school purchase from Target that I'm only now, in week 3, getting around to wearing. It came with a sash belt in the same fabric and color, but I felt that the dress needed to be broken up by something a little more substantial at the waist, so I added this wide tan belt. This particular belt with these boots is a pairing I really love, so you will probably see this combo repeated with a number of different dresses through the year - when you find something that works, why mess with it?


The leggings were to offset the fall chill that recently set in 'round these parts, though once I got to school I found myself so warm that I wished I'd gone with bare legs instead. Visually, though, I think the leggings work great. I opted to match my bracelet to the belt and boots, rather than to the black of the leggings (which makes very little sense when you think about it, but at first I was like, "Yeah, black, that's a good idea." Sometimes you have to put a little thought into what you're doing when you get dressed, especially when it's early and you haven't had your coffee yet), so I like this leather wrap with the flower detail (also seen in this post).


And now... off to Woodleaf for the weekend! Hope you all have a great weekend, too!


Get the look for yourself:
Dress - Target, available here.
Belt - Target, available here.
Leggings - Express, available here.
Boots - Kohl's; similar here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment