Saturday, September 22, 2012

Delayed Gratification

Well, I've been a pretty terrible fashion blogger this week, at least in terms of keeping up with the previously established schedule. But boy, it was a long week, and while I could have taken time to catch up last night, I decided I deserved to take a night and hang with my girlfriends instead of sitting at home with my laptop. You all understand, right?

To make up for the long silence, I have three (THREE!) outfits to share with you. First, from Wednesday:


I saw this skirt at Target and just knew I had to have it for fall. It's a wool blend, and it's chock full of awesome fall colors like mustard, wine, and blueberry. (On a side note, why are so many colors named for foods? It makes me hungry.)  Basically, I had just been sitting around waiting for a day to wear it with tights and boots.


 Because it's getting a little cooler now, we're also getting to the point where I have to take pictures of the outfit with whatever jacket I've chosen as well. And I love me a good denim jacket:








Get the look for yourself:
Skirt - Target, available here.
Shirt - I don't remember, but similar here.
Boots - Kohl's; similar here.
Jacket - Hand-me-down; similar here.
__________________________________________

So then came Thursday, and I was pretty sure I wouldn't have time to go home in the afternoon between school and Back-to-School Night, so I had to wear something pretty professional looking. I opted for a late-summer purchase - this retro pencil skirt jumper paired with a traditional ruffle-front white blouse:



I love the vintage feel of the pencil skirt with straps. It reminds me of one of my swing performance costumes:



I decided, for weather reasons, to pair it with some argyle tights and one of my favorite pairs of black heels, complete with adorable white flowers:



For the colder points in the day, as well as for a more professional look for the parents at Back-to-School Night, I added a dark blue blazer:



I was SO excited to see that blazers were coming back this past summer and into this fall. I'd been looking for an amazing blazer for a while before I came across this one at the Gap. It is a dark midnight blue with black trim, and it fits perfectly.


I loved this look, so I hope all the parents did too!


Get the look for yourself:
Blouse - Target; similar here.
Jumper - Charlotte's Web in Berkeley; similar here.
Tights - Target; similar here.
Shoes - Payless, and I can't find any like them in my searching...
Bracelets - Claire's, available here.
Necklace - Target; similar here.
Earrings - Target; similar here.
__________________________________________

The school administration decided that after a really long day on Thursday, the teachers deserved a jeans day on Friday, so I got to put together another Blue-and-Gold outfit:


And again, because it's been chilly, here's the outfit complete with sweater:


I absolutely love comfy cardigans, and they're one of the best parts of fall weather, in my opinion. Cardigans and comfy boots. Mmmm... Fall...





Get the look for yourself:
Shirt - Old Navy, available here.
Jeans - Target, available here.
Boots - (see first outfit above)
Cardigan - Target; similar everywhere, because, you know, it's a cardigan.
__________________________________________

And thus ends the longest Daily Dress-Up post yet. Hope you managed to hang in there until the end! See you next week, when I will hopefully be less busy. Hopefully...

4 comments:

  1. I love autumn! Those three outfits are lovely. The third one in particular is made for an autumn walk with lots of leaf kicking. The middle one should be worn to the Great Gatsby movie! (Or am I a few decades off?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are, indeed, a couple decades off. The jumper is more of a 1940's (or early '50's) look, whereas Gatsby is 1925. Good try, though - I appreciate your effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earl the Erroneous SquirrelSeptember 23, 2012 at 8:39 PM

    OH NOES!!! Oh, unutterable woe! I TYPED THINGS ON THE INTERNETS AND I WAS WRONG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew, you certainly covered a lot of ground! My thoughts:
    1) Everything just looks better with tights and boots! This skirt is great, with so many colors on it you can choose from a bunch of tops to match!
    2) This look is SO fun! I love the suspenders (and I love the vintage shot of you!)
    3) Finding a well-fitting blazer is crucial. I think you nailed it!
    4) Love this casual look, still very put-together, but cozy-looking! Glad they're giving you some jean days!

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete