Friday, September 14, 2012

Bow Belt

*** Hi! If you read this post, can you please let me know somehow? Comment on this post, let me know on Facebook, shoot me an email or text, etc. I'm trying to get a sense of how many people read this blog and what the demographics are. Thanks much! ***


Even though this was the fourth week of school, today was only the second Maxi Dress Friday of the year so far:


This plain and simple black dress may seem a little boring, but I really wanted to spotlight my brand new sage green belt:


I suspect it will shock no one to discover that this dress is another spectacular purchase from Target's maternity section. Because I am a bit on the taller side, maxi dresses are often hard to find in a long enough length for me. Maternity dresses are cut to run longer to allow for a baby bump in the front, which makes them just the right length for taller folks who do NOT have a baby bump. (I'm pretty sure if I did have one, the dress would suddenly become too short again.) This dress - like the one I wore Wednesday - is also made of a knit jersey material, which means it's like wearing a giant comfy t-shirt to school, and who wouldn't love to do that?


While I did want to shine a spotlight on my belt, I felt the outfit would still be too plain without any additional accessorizing, so I added a fun chain necklace and a chunky silver bracelet. I honestly wish I had had some better shoes to wear, but I went with some flips that are pretty much the same shade of green as the belt.


So do you like the belt? The dress (plain though it is)? Let me know!


Get the look for yourself:
Dress - Target; similar here and here.
Belt - Therapy Boutique; couldn't find any that same color, but some other fun colored bow belts can be found here, here, and here.
Shoes - Payless; similar (actually, BETTER, because I adore Seychelles) here.
Necklace - Target; similar here.
Bracelet - Target; similar here.

19 comments:

  1. Love the look but not the shoes. They just don't add anything special to the look. I think you need to go shopping for some new shoes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous about your ability to wear maxi dresses :) Sadly, I am too short. I love your blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 Miss Tomer and I were reading your blog yesterday after school~ You have a little fan base right at King's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sexy!! It totally looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fab! Love the bow belt : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous? Anonymous? Really?!

    Yes, as I mentioned your blog has a spot in my RSS client andI browse it in hopes of gaining more insight into the opposite sex. Who knew (males) what kind of thinking goes into dressing? For me the standard uniform - dress slacks, wool, or cotton slacks (like Dockers), long-sleeved sport shirt or dress shirt, no-iron usually, or polo shirt. Monochromatic, usually, because I trend to red-green color blind.

    Who knew there was another world out there? "Somewhere, Barnaby... Listen, Barnaby..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll definitely start looking in the maternity section thanks to your high praise of it! The green belt is now a wishlist item for me because I feel the it is incredibly elegant and chic. And I love reading thus blog!
    -CEA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course I'm reading! I love getting a new perspective, plus the high school connection is fun. I have the opposite problem with maxi dresses (too long) so I will NOT be shopping in the maternity section. But I love this dress! It's simple and perfect. The belt is adorable! You don't even need anything else when you're spotlighting a gorgeous piece like that!


    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's it. I NEED a maxi dress with sleeves. -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG PRAY WHAT DID YOU WEAR TODAY AND WITH WHAT ACCOUTREMENTS?

    I wore two pairs of skinny long pants -- on the front legs, a classic plaid that goes well with my spots; on the back, black with understated linear accents -- a turtleneck with extra neck; and three scarves layered on the turtleneck. A bowler hat, rakishly aslant, balanced on the conning tower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i read it! super fun(:

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great blog! It's also another reason I can procrastinate on that paragraph you assigned! Hurray! Oh, and I love the green bow belt by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really should do that MELEC paragraph. But hi, Miss Doyle!
    -one of your (male) students

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi female teacher;
    I had your class last year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This definitely my favorite of your outfits. It is so classy! I wish I wasn't so short and could pull off a maxi dress!

    From, a former student :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the belt and the necklace. I think you could use this opportunity to go shopping for some new shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete