Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Quick Check-In

Well, as those of you from TKA know, it's Woodleaf week, which means life is CRAZY hectic right now. With department meetings, lunch duty, and driving around for hours buying blue t-shirts, I've been short on time for the blog. So for today, some quick pics and summaries from yesterday and today:




This outfit was a simple and comfortable combo of navy pinstripe slacks and a cream-colored flower-embellished top. The shoes are an adorable retro find from a thrift store, and the jewelry is minimal.




Today's outfit was a pair of cranberry-colored skinny pants with a polka dot tie-front blouse. I belted the pants both out of necessity (they fall down otherwise) and to create a more interesting look at the waist (it looked too bland without the belt). Because the blouse ties into a bow at the front, no necklace is necessary, and the bracelet is a simple black cuff. The shoes are a cute low heel with a flower at the front.

Sadly I have no time to find similar items for you to buy, but I'm sure Google can help you out if you're interested...

Which of the two outfits above do you like better? Leave me a comment, because comments make me smile, and I could use a smile in this insane week. Yay!

4 comments:

  1. When I saw you today at lunch I thought "Ooh!CBSD looks good. Liking the belt." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the red pants and the black cuff bracelet. I'd pick the second outfit as my favorite.

    -CEA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woodleaf week! Oh the memories!! Such a fun time. I like BOTH, but I have to identify more with the white top/navy (?) pants, even though I love polka dots! I have two white tank tops that are really similar (actually wearing one today) and the embellishments really update a classic white top. Best of luck with everything this week!

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both outfits! They're so simple but so classic. You look so cute! I love the colored skinnies, I've been wanting to try them.

    ReplyDelete