Monday, August 27, 2012

Wide-Leg Win


I *really* love these pants. They remind me of sailor pants from the 1940's or something, and that reminds me of Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire and Frank Sinatra, and that makes me happy. Now, wide-leg pants can be dangerous, but white wide-leg pants can be especially dangerous, as there is a very real possibility of making yourself look larger than you are, especially around the hips and thighs. That's why it has to be paired with something fitted and flattering on the top.

Ironically enough, the top I chose with this outfit happens to be a maternity shirt. I AM NOT PREGNANT - I just want that to be clear from the start. I do, however, enjoy looking through the maternity section every time I go to Target, because there are some awesome pieces in there that can be worn by pregnant and non-pregnant alike. This particular shirt really only works for the non-pregnant among us if it's tucked, but since tucking is very "in" right now, it doesn't concern me. Plus, I love the crossover detail at the top.



These pants aren't quite long enough to wear heels, but they drag on the ground if I wear completely flat shoes. So I opted for a 1/2" heel on these wine-colored loafers, which was pretty close to perfect height. I didn't want to wear a necklace because it would detract from the shirt's detail at the neck, so I kept things simple with just a moonstone ring and a leather wrap bracelet with a fun flower detail.

So, what's your verdict on this one?




Get the look for yourself:
Shirt - Target, available here.
Pants - The Limited; similar here.
Shoes -Ross; similar here.
Belt - Target (with a dress); similar here.
Bracelet - gift; similar here.
Ring - The Limited, available here.

1 comments: