Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Case of the Blues


I don’t know about all of your morning habits when it comes to waking up, but I am one of those people who absolutely needs “snooze” time. My alarm is generally set for about an hour (sometimes more) earlier than I need to get up, because I need about an hour (or more) of time to hit the “snooze” button and go back to sleep. Alarm, snooze, sleep. Alarm, snooze, sleep. And etc.

Eventually, I do wake up and force myself out of bed. Depending on how tired I am, sometimes that point comes early, but sometimes it comes about four “snoozes” later than it should have, and then I am in a mad rush to get to school. During those extra “snooze” minutes, I sometimes try to make up the time by planning my outfit for the day. “I can sleep longer,” I tell myself, “if I use this time to plan exactly what I’m going to wear when I do get up.” You can imagine how often I make good use of this time when I’m clearly exhausted and half-asleep. (Hint: It’s very close to never.)

This is what I did this morning, and by the time I actually rolled out of bed, I was not only already 20 minutes behind schedule, but I still had no idea what I was going to wear to school. Reaching into my pants drawer, I found a number of pairs of wide-leg pants, but it was way too soon to do that look again, since I just did it on Monday. Moving further and further into the drawer, I eventually came across this pair of fitted boot-cut navy pants:



I opted for a monochromatic look, pairing a neutral white ruffled tank with a bright blue cardigan. The two blues in the pants and sweater are far enough from each other to avoid seeming like one giant blueberry, especially when broken up at the neck by the white blouse.


For the shoes, I wanted something open-toed because it’s been so warm lately; I don’t know about you, but I feel much warmer when I am wearing closed shoes, and about ready to pass out from heat stroke if I’m also wearing socks. These 1.5” sandals are the perfect combination of cute and comfortable, so I’m glad I went for them instead of my Keds.


Finally, the accessories here are all pretty neutral. My ring, bracelet, and earrings are all silver, and I added a tortoise-shell headband to keep my bangs out of my face.

All in all, I’m pretty happy with my last-minute outfit choices. Maybe I should add extra snoozes more often? (Answer: No.)


Get the look for yourself:
Pants – The Gap; similar here.
Blouse – Target, available here.
Cardigan – Target; similar here.
Shoes – DSW; similar here.
Bracelet Express, available here.
Earrings – Express; similar here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment