Thursday, August 30, 2012

Necessity is the Mother of Invention

Today's outfit came about because of a couple constraints I had based on my day's schedule. I had to start the day in jeans because I was part of some top-secret filming wherein I needed to look like a student. After the filming, I was going to change into a more professional teacher outfit, so as I considered that outfit, I wanted it to be something easy to pack and change into at school. Thus we have this ensemble:


The shirt here worked well as a casual top with my jeans for the "student outfit," but transitioned well to the nicer outfit later. It's important to remember that casual cotton tops can be worn as part of professional work wear, but they need to be carefully paired with more structured, formal pieces, like this tailored pencil skirt.


I'm wearing the same sandals as yesterday, and I will admit that I wish I could have come up with something different to avoid that repetition. But to be honest, I felt that these were the best options to match the outfit while looking nicer than ordinary flip-flops, and they really are quite comfortable too.


The bracelet is mother-of-pearl, and the necklace is a glass starfish that my BFF bought for me on vacation. She bought it because she knows orange is my favorite color, and I don't often think to wear it, but it was perfect to bring out the orangey-coral stripes in the top.


Tomorrow is a blue-and-gold-day, so get excited for JEANS! For today, however...


Get the look for yourself:
Shirt - Target; similar here.
Skirt - Target; similar here.
Shoes - DSW; similar here.
Bracelet - Target; similar here or here.
Necklace - Gift; similar here or here.

1 comments:

  1. YAY for the orange starfish! And this entire blog!

    Love,
    BFF

    ReplyDelete