Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mediocre At Best

I can't lie - I am not a fan of Thursday's outfit:


Basically, I feel like I threw something together in a hurry because I was too tired to take the time to make something good. There is nothing wrong with the outfit, per se, it's just that there's nothing particularly great about it either, and that makes me sad.

The shirt is an individual piece that I really love. It's very versatile, well-cut (and therefore flattering), and comfortable. The slacks are a recent purchase from New York and Company, and I love the rich burgundy color.


So why don't I like them together? I feel like the proportions here are off. I really wish I'd tucked the shirt, although the front ruffle makes this a tough shirt to tuck smoothly. The untucked shirt makes my torso appear longer and my legs appear shorter - in case you didn't already know, that's basically the opposite of what we ladies are supposed to aim for. The black booties just don't do anything for the outfit, and in fact I feel like the color contrast between the black and the maroon is awkward for some reason.


So, yeah, this whole thing is... Well, it's not a failure, but I sure wouldn't count it as a success. I'd give myself a C-.

What grade do you give this?


Get the look for yourself:
No, actually, just don't.

1 comments:

  1. Aww, you're too harsh for this one. It's not bad! I like the shirt especially. I'd give it a B
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete