Monday, November 12, 2012

Work and Play

Thursday's outfit had a bit of an equestrian vibe:


A button-down shirt with tan(ish) colored skinny pants tucked into tall riding-style boots is obviously an outfit that will lend itself to equestrian comparisons. But given they aren't actually riding boots, nor are they riding britches, nor would the shirt move all that well if I tried to ride in it... Well, it's just a school-day work outfit.


Still, that said, I like the outfit. There's nothing I can really say to add to why I like it that you don't already know, so I'll just leave it for you to admire. Consider it a pop quiz: 


Have you been paying enough attention to know what I love about each piece in this outfit?
_______________________________________

Sadly, I forgot to take pictures of my blue-and-gold outfit on Friday, so I can't share that with you. When I realized that, however, I felt like I should make an extra effort to take pics of my out-and-about outfit from today to make up for the loss.


Today's outings were very minimal, comprised only of a couple errands and some grading at Starbucks. The top is a pretty simple soft, stretchy striped (whoa, alliteration much?) t-shirt, and I paired it with dark-wash boot-cut jeans. The extra length in the jeans required a bit of a heel to avoid dragging the hem on the ground, so I wore my ankle boots.



The weather today called for a little extra warmth, so I added a scarf and sweater of plain black.




No jewelry required, I felt, beyond some simple studs in the ears. Overall, I was comfortable in the clothes, but still felt like I looked "put together" instead of sloppy. Because seriously, who actually wants to look sloppy, even on the weekends?

1 comments:

  1. (*0*) I love the second outfit - what I would wear, except "Ms. Doyle-ified!"

    ReplyDelete