Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sigh

Who can guess when I started coaching soccer? Because it lines up pretty closely to when I stopped posting here at the fashion blog. Sorry about that, loyal fans. Prepare to be bombarded with photos of what you've missed in the meantime...

Skinnies and Boots

I don't think much needs to be said about these outfits, because we all know most of the reasons I love skinnies and boots.


 I heart argyle. Who's with me?



 I love the color and the cut of this sweater, but I feel like I never find the right top to wear under it. This t-shirt wasn't a whole lot better than anything else I've tried.



I don't love this outfit. I untucked the shirt when I got to school and that made it better, but I still wish I'd done better.

Add a Blazer

I know, technically, these are still in the "skinnies and boots" category, but I feel like the main focus of the outfit is the blazer, so they should be in their own BLAZER category.



Miss Self suggested, and I agree, that this outfit would have worked better with a brooch of some kind. Next time...




This was my outfit for the Open House, aka "Impress the Parents Day."

Sweater Vests

Another "skinnies and boots," but also a non-skinnies outfit.


 I got my boot socks! Yay! Also, let's remember I love argyle.




Printed sweater vest (in the first outfit) demands a plain top, so a printed top wants a plain sweater vest, like this grey one.

Dresses

We'll start with the simple dress for work:



New Target sweater? Yes, please!

But then, we also have the fancy dress for the staff Christmas party:





I LOVE this dress, I LOVE my fascinator (that black half-hat), and I love the whole look that came together here. I felt beautiful, and I don't often, so that's a big deal.

___________________________________________
So... ? Say something! Welcome me back, or just say hello, or pick a favorite outfit, or... something! I've missed you all. :)

12 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Love the Christmas party outfit! Very elegant. Really don't care for the cranberry skinnies and white blouse. I like the look of the blouse, but agree untucked would be better. It was not a flattering outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I heart argyle too!
    2) I actually really liked that maroon outfit - I thought the headband and the reds/browns looked quite nice!
    3) Christmas party outfit = GORGEOUS

    Love you!
    - BFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your Christmas party dress, it's b.e.a.utiful! You look so elegant :)
    I also like argyle, actually just bought my first argyle sweater on black friday at Target! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress from the Christmas party was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been waiting for this! XD
    argyle is awesome. ...I don't believe I have any argyle! :0
    ughh hahaha, another reason to go shopping, I guess?
    You're so awesome for rocking that christmas party outfit. That fascinator is SICK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that party dress <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all wonderful. I actually really like the maroon outfit, especially with the hairband. It has a very bold shape. The various thin bands parallel to the ground go well together.

    And the fascinator fastened to your head is quite fasci--very nice. It's very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can we get a picture of just your closet(s)?
    Or a slideshow of what you have at your disposal?
    I'm having trouble estimating the volume of your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You never seem very happy in your photos. Why is that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a fun Christmas challenge: What's the tackiest ensemble you can produce, any single item of which would be pleasant and tasteful on its own?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome baaack! To me too, blogging is harder at this time of year! So, I think my favorite look here is the grey vest and plaid shirt. Simple, but still really classic and chic. Also love your party outfit! I would love to wear a hat like that (and I didn't know it was called a Fascinator so I learned something new!) Merry Christmas Miss Doyle!

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete